How to create and manage my promotions ?
To create and manage your promotions, simply click on > Booking Engine in the sidebar of your Amenitiz administrator area. A submenu will appear below, click on the > Promotions tab:
Here you will have an overview of all promotions you created for your booking engine.
Promotions allow you to set discounted prices with specific conditions. For example a promotion over a specific period of time, a rule for early bookings, or a rule for last-minute bookings.
To create a promotion, click on > Create a new promotion:
- Promotion type: First, you'll be invited to choose the type of promotion you wish to create:
- Basic: set for a chosen period of time;
- Last minute: set for a chosen period of time AND if the reservation is made shortly before the date of the stay;
- Early Booking: set for a chosen period of time AND if the reservation is made a long time before the date of the stay.
- Name and Description: Regardless of the type of promotion, you must give it a name and a description. Remember to do so for all the languages that you have activated:
- Specific promotion settings: when choosing the promotion type "early bird" or "last-minute" you have access to a first specific setting.
- Last minute: You can specify how far in advance the customer can benefit from this promotion:
- Early bird: You can indicate how many days ahead of the booking date the promotion will apply:
- Common promotion settings: these settings are general to any type of chosen promotion.
- Define a minimum required stay: you can choose to not apply one, to apply the same one as the rate plan you will associate (next step), or define a specific one to this promotion independent from the linked rate plan (in this case, you'll be able to set the number directly).
- Discount type: you can choose if the discount applied is in percentage or fixed value.
- Select the rate plan(s): Your promotion must be applied to at least one of your rate plans. The discount will be calculated on top of the rate plan price.
- Select the sales terms you want to apply: you can choose which one of your existing sales terms should apply to this promotion. They can be different from the rate plan associated:
- Select the rooms you want to apply: you can select specific rooms to which you want to restrict your promotion for example:
- Define the period and weekdays of your promotion: define the date range and weekday during which the rooms you just chose should be booked to activate the promotion:
- Advanced settings (only for Basic promotion type): you can select the time period of when clients will be able to book prior to the promotion:
Do not forget to click on > Save to update all these settings into your booking engine.
- See your promotions in action: Your promotions will be displayed on your booking engine as it follows: