What is Lightspeed?
Lightspeed is available on iPad and integrates directly with Amenitiz, thus allowing you to save time, effort and provide a better experience to your clients.
Lightspeed with Amenitiz allows to :
- Keep your restaurant staff efficient by providing them with an easy-to-use app to create orders
- Send restaurant charges directly to your guests' bookings in Amenitiz in order to have them pay everything at checkout. The experience will be smoother for your clients and faster for your restaurant staff!
- Allow your restaurant payments to go through Amenitiz, and therefore be paid via AmenitizPay. No need to ask your guests for their credit card again!
- Create your floor plans from Lightspeed, review your restaurant data, provide menus via QR code. All you need to optimize your restaurant!
Lightspeed is also available in Switzerland and Morocco.
Activate Lightspeed on Amenitiz
Before connecting Lightspeed with Amenitiz, you need to subscribe to Lightspeed and to have an account.
If you already have one, you can skip the first step.
- If you don't have a Lightspeed account, please reach out to our support team via email or via chat. They will put you in touch with our dedicated agent at Lightspeed that will show you how to use the tool and help you create your account.
- Once you have subscribed to Lightspeed, go to the Marketplace from your Amenitiz admin, look for Lightspeed and click on "Activate".
- Then, log into your Lightspeed account using the login and password you used when creating your Lightspeed account. The connection is now established.
- Once you have linked Amenitiz with Lightspeed, you need to set up Amenitiz on Lightspeed's side. It should take no more than 3 minutes!
Set up Amenitiz on Lightspeed
- Go to your Lightspeed account and to > Configuration > Settings > Payment methods
- Click on "Add a payment method"
- Select the payment method: "charge to room". In the name field, write "Amenitiz" and in the accounting reference field, you also need to write "Amenitiz". The code should remain "IKPMS".
- Set the PMS server to "Other"
Save and it's done!
Lightspeed and Amenitiz are now ready to be used together. The next time someone asks for a bill at your restaurant, instead of making them pay right away, just select "Amenitiz" and you will then be able to choose which guest and/or room you want to send the bill to.
Once your connection is made, when you will send your restaurant bill to Amenitiz, the charges will automatically display in the booking details, under the "Charges" tab. These charges will be automatically categorized "Lightspeed" so you can easily find them.
If you make a change on a charge on the Lightspeed side, it will not be updated on Amenitiz.
You can find more information about Lightspeed here: https://www.lightspeedhq.com/.
Article is closed for comments.